Home
Search:
1146 feeds
357 categories
0 articles (<24 hours)
31 registered users

Use the Mobile version
Mobile

Follow our Twitter feed

View our Linkpartners
Links

Username:
Password:

Register | Retrieve


Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional

RSS FeedsWeeks after its own deadline, PC government wonīt say whether itīs done plans for Ontario Line
(The Star Movies)

 
 

19 july 2019 03:34:35

 
Weeks after its own deadline, PC government wonīt say whether itīs done plans for Ontario Line
(The Star Movies)
 




The Ontario Progressive Conservative government is refusing to say whether it has finalized initial plans for its most important transit project, three weeks after a self-imposed deadline for completing the work has passed. On June 3, then infrastructure minister Monte McNaughton pledged the government would submit initial business cases for the Ontario Line and other priority projects under Premier Doug Ford’s proposed $28.5-billion transit expansion “in the second half of June.” With the end-of-month deadline now passed, the province would not give a yes or no answer about whether it has completed a business case for the Ontario Line, the $10.9-billion rail line that would run through the heart of Toronto and is the centrepiece of Ford’s plan. “Ontario is actively providing project information to the federal government. That’s why, given that discussions are ongoing with our partners, we will not negotiate the details of critical infrastructure projects in the media,” Barbara Mottram, a spokesperson for Transportation Minister Caroline Mulroney, said in an email last week.In a brief phone interview Thursday, Mottram reiterated the government’s position that “we’re continuing to work with our partners.” Pressed to clarify her statement, in a followup email Mottram described the business case for the Ontario Line as “a living document” that “is continuously being informed by the experts at Metrolinx who are consulting with our partners and transit authorities.” McNaughton made the commitment to submit the business cases by the end of June on the same day he and another provincial minister held a press conference to criticize Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s government for not moving fast enough to fund Ford’s transit plans. The federal Liberals said at the time Ontario hadn’t provided enough information about the projects for Ottawa to commit funding. Pierr ...
 
41 viewsCategory: Entertainment > Film
 
Four bags of garbage in three years: How a busy Vancouver couple lives and preaches the low-waste lifestyle
(The Star Movies)
How Toronto is commemorating the first anniversary of the Danforth shooting
(The Star Movies)
 
 
blog comments powered by Disqus


Copyright © 2008 - 2019 Indigonet Services B.V.. Contact: Tim Hulsen. Read here our privacy notice.
Other websites of Indigonet Services B.V.: Nieuws Vacatures Science Tweets Travel Photos Nachrichten Indigonet Finances Leer Mandarijn